Sunday, January 23, 2011

Conviction- The act of convincing of error, or of compelling the admission of a truth.
Condemnation- To pronounce unfit for use/ good for nothing.

Looking at how the judicial system works.  When someone is convicted he/she is sentance to time set apart from free will and the things that pleases the most.  During this time a radical change is ment to take place in the person that has been convicted. This radical change can be either for the good or the bad.  Think about a person breaking out of prison after being convicted.  WHEN they are caught they are sentenced to more time.

Are we spending more time than we are suppose to in a season, because we push pass some convictions?

As I look back at my life and how things have been going for me. I am the one that has been pushing pass convictions. And in turn removing myself from where God wants to have me.  And instead of turning my heart to the cross.  I allow condemnation to set place in my heart.

Today I had to be honest with myself and with God.
God I dont know how to turn my heart to the cross! 
There's two things that have to be set in place for me to do so. 
Understanding that I cant do this on my own and that God is greater. And having a willing and obediant heart for radical change for the good.

Two people in the bible that experianced condemnation first hand are Peter and Judas.
After Peter denied Jesus three times in Matthew 26:69-75 he went out and wept bitterly.  I notice that the bible dosent mention Peter again until Mark 16:7. 
Where was Peter during this time?  Its obvieous that some form of condemnation took root in his heart.  To asure that I placed myself in his shoes: After being with someone closely, sharing each others hearts and knowing that the other will lay down his/her life for me.  But in turn I deny them three times just as they said that I would.  After I've gave them my word that I would follow them to death, would hurt deeply. 
Peter's love for Christ kept him until Mark 16:7 when the angel told  Mary to tell the diciples and Peter that Christ was going before them into Galilee. So we see that Peter's condemnation  was turned into a conviction and  he was radically changed forever as we read in the book of Acts.

Judas on the other hand:
Betrayed Jesus for silver. But after seeing that he betrayed innocent blood.  Immedantly condemnation took root in his heart.  I notice that Christ had yet to die on the cross.  So there was no cross for him to cling to, just yet.  In Matthew 27:3-5 Judas condemnation leads him to hang himself.

As we continue to live our lives, where will we turn our hearts after being confronted by the truth about our wicked nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment